Bursaries of $3,000 (payable over two years) are available to students seeking a college or technical diploma. Students entering a Skilled Trade Apprenticeship are eligible for a one-time bursary of $1000. Students must apply using the official Application Form (available on this website).
Applications are assessed by a Selection Committee and approved by RAYS Board.
Spring applications must be received by May 2, 2022 in order to be awarded at spring commencement ceremonies. Fall applications will be open until December 31, 2022.
A mentor is assigned to each successful student.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to respond within 48 hours.
To qualify for a RAYS bursary, students must meet the following guidelines:
- Reside within the RAYS Bursary Catchment Area Map as shown below.
- Plan to attend a Canadian trade school, a community college or become registered as a skilled trade apprentice.
- Currently attend/or attended Stayner Collegiate, Collingwood Collegiate, Our Lady of the Bay Catholic High School, Centre Dufferin District High School or Robert F. Hall Catholic Secondary School.
- Completed the Ontario Secondary School Diploma or will complete it in 2022.
- Under 25 years of age
- Provide a ‘Letter of Recommendation’ from a teacher or community member such as an employer or coach
- Provide an official ‘Letter of Acceptance’ from the college or provide the name and contact information of the Skilled Trade Apprenticeship employer.
- Sign a ‘Letter of Agreement’, attend a Bursary Workshop and maintain regular contact with their assigned mentor.
Complete ALL parts of the application form.
- Download and complete the RAYS Bursary Application Form by clicking the download button below. This is a fillable form and may be completed by hand or computer. Please note that if you choose to complete it by computer, you will need to save your changes and print or email the saved copy.
- Obtain a Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or community member such as an employer or coach.
- Obtain a copy of your official Letter of Acceptance from your college or provide the name and contact information of your skilled trade apprenticeship employer where indicated on Page 2 of the Bursary Application Form.
- Submit the completed RAYS Bursary Application Form, Letter of Recommendation and the Letter of Acceptance in one of the following ways:
- Send one email with all three attachments to email@example.com
- By mail to RAYS Bursary Committee, PO Box 2052, Creemore, ON L0M 1G0. Must be postmarked before May 2, 2022.
Your application will be reviewed by the Bursary Committee.
Eligible applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview with two Bursary Committee members to further determine suitability for a Bursary Award. Interviews may be conducted via Zoom or other online facilities or in person if appropriate.
If selected to receive a Bursary Award, a brief summary of the applicant is submitted to the RAYS Board of Directors for approval.
A cheque is prepared and arrangements will be made to deliver the cheque to the applicant and obtain a signature on the Letter of Agreement. A mentor will be assigned.