Bursaries of up to $2,000 ($1,000 per year for two years) are available to students seeking a college or technical diploma or certificate. Students must apply using the official Application Form (available online or through their school).
Applications are assessed by a Selection Committee and approved by RAYS Board.
A mentor is assigned to each successful student to offer support, if needed
Questions requested by e-mail or on the web page will be responded to within 48 hours.
To qualify for a RAYS bursary, a student must meet all of the following:
- Reside within the Creemore/Mulmur catchment area.
- Plan on attending an Ontario College of Trades or a community college.
- Currently attend/or attended Stayner Collegiate Institute, Collingwood Collegiate Institute, Our Lady of the Bay Catholic High School or Centre Dufferin District High School.
Completed application forms may be submitted online, given to your high school guidance counselor, or mailed to RAYS Bursary Committee, PO Box 2052, Creemore, Ontario, L0M 1G0.
Applications are still open for 2020.
- I reside within the Creemore/Mulmur catchment area
- I plan on attending an Ontario College of Trades or a community college
- I currently attend/or attended Stayner Collegiate, Collingwood Collegiate, Our Lady of the Bay Catholic High School or Centre Dufferin District High School
- I have completed all parts of the application form
- I will attach a ‘Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or respected community member with his/her phone number.
- I will attach an official ‘Letter of Acceptance’ from the post-secondary institution I plan on attending.
- I will submit my 2020 application by December 31, 2020
- I have completed all parts of the application form.
- I understand that if I receive a Bursary, I will sign a ‘Letter of Agreement’, attend a Bursary Workshop and contact my mentor monthly.
- If I am a finalist, I agree to an interview